Monday, July 31, 2006

Three weeks off

Well I have been gone for a few weeks, had some issues that needed to be taken care of and I think things should be set for a bit now. In my absence I have not really kept up on the news that much, the kids are more important. In fact I plan to do more of that and less of the whole watching every second of the news wires. I will explain why below..

My son has become extremely interested in Dinosaurs. It is so funny to watch him mimic their roar. Let me tell you that all of them, even the Brontosaurus, sound like a T-Rex. He bounces them along the table or floor, even the windows have become a virtual dinosaur stomping ground. He does have it correct though and has the T-Rex eating the Brontosaurus and other plant eaters. So at least he has that part right, just hope that when he enters pre-school this fall he doesn't fall victim to the feminization that seems to be happening to our young boys today.

I say feminist's because at my new job I work with some teenagers, and my daughter has brought over a couple boys that is in the neighborhood. These boys think it is ok to wear girl pants, both ears are pierced, and they would rather play with Barbie doll's or some other doll than talk about cars, women, or sports. I tell you this is not natural for young boys in their teenage years to be doing all of this. When I was 15 my only thought was on getting my license so I could make it to basketball or football practice, and chasing the young girls or taking them out for a date so I could get a kiss. I surely didn't want to play dolls with them and I would never be caught wearign their clothes or piercing both ears so I could wear hoop earrings. The left ear with a stud looks fairly good for a guy, not that I would do that but I would not think nothing of it. The boys that that would paint their nails got razed for it and maybe these boys do too I am not sure. I just know that it is not normal to dress or think that way for a young man.

My kids are great and they act as they should, just have to make sure that it stays that way. I will return to my daily postings though as I do not want to see this blog go the way of the dodo.

Good to be back

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home